I am an American, and I love America. As we have just passed our nations 233rd birthday, this past July 4th, and as the burden for America and the world grows increasingly heavy, it is my sincere and urgent request that true, Bile believing Christians and churches everywhere will answer a call to fall down and pray. We are having a special evening service and prayer time on Sunday night July 26, 2009 at 7:00 PM. I am asking all of Henard’s Chapel Baptist Church Members, their friends, and any other Christians or Churches who would like to join us in this special Call To Fall Down 2 Pray service to be here that night.
The need is evident! The darkness is gathering and the hour grows late!
Our nation appears to be on an icy skid from which there is no return – unless we hear from Heaven in a mighty way.
The Indictments Upon Us Are Simple
“Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”—Prov. 14:34.
The Formula for Blessing Is Still the Same
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and forgive their sin, and will heal their land. “—II Chron. 7:14.
The Promise of Scripture Is Ours to Claim
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.”—Ps. 33:12.
So let’s be diligent in our pursuit of God and all He wants of us.
“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. “—Jas. 4:8.
On Sunday, July 26, will you join us in this special call to prayer service at our church to make it a special day of urgent prayer? For what do we pray you ask?
Let’s Ask the Lord
- to revive us once again;
- to forgive us our trespasses (again);
- to awaken our nation to repentance and to acknowledging him as God;
- for revival in our churches;
- for repentance among our national leaders;
- for a return to the Bible;
- for a resetting of values to the divine standard;
- for a priority to be placed upon the local church;
- for a repudiation of the foolishness of liberalism;
- for a renunciation of atheism, humanism, hedonism, evolution, ecumenism, homosexuality, alcohol, etc.
- for an awakening that shakes our nation from coast to coast;
- for a return to bold preaching of God’s truth from the pulpit;
- for a reshaping of church programs to get soul winning on the front burner daily;
- for the salvation of souls, millions of them;
- for the rediscovery of Bible- built, Bible-based families.
Oh, my brethren, would you join with me in heartfelt, passionate, urgent prayer for what we need? If you will be a part of this special day of prayer, I will be very grateful.